We know why Obi-Wan Kenobi lied to Luke Skywalker about his father: It was the easiest way to recruit the farmboy, plus it ensured the future of the Rebel Alliance and the resurgence of the Jedi. But it’s still pretty funny when you see images like this one, where, oh yeah, that’s not how it went at all.
Afternoon Roundup brings you a mea culpa of sorts from Simon Pegg, ideas for what kind of flag to plant on Mars, and Peter Dinklage growling his way through Coldplay.
- Simon Pegg clarifies his comments on “childish” sci-fi with a long blog post about extended adolescence, spectacle, and how SFF should make you really think.
- Deputy U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves, who appeared in Elizabeth Bear’s novel Karen Memory, is now getting his own miniseries.
- Vulture makes the argument for The CW’s The Flash as the best live-action superhero TV show.
- Here’s how to play old-school Cards Against Humanity!
- Chuck Wendig discusses how sexual assault against women is portrayed in Game of Thrones versus Mad Max: Fury Road.
- What do you think of this proposed international flag for planet Earth?
- Damon Lindelof wants to bring back Lobot!
- George Takei has an interesting point for Marvel Entertainment about Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video.
- Peter Dinklage (or Tyrion Lannister? unclear) sings about everyone who’s died on Game of Thrones so far.