Colonel Chris Hadfield spent a fair amount of time on the International Space Station channeling David Bowie, but when he’s on Earth he chooses to play Captain Kirk. At least, that’s the impression we get from this photo of him sitting in a replica of the Enterprise‘s command chair. The cool prop belongs to Mythbusters‘ Adam Savage, who ordered a less-than-stellar version from eBay and then made it look more authentic.
Afternoon Roundup ponders the science of the DeLorean, goes adventuring with Noelle Stevenson, and watches Anna Kendrick choose… wisely.
- Could Doc Brown’s DeLorean even get up to 88 mph in that parking lot?
- Speaking of futuristic cars, let’s take a closer look at the post-apocalyptic rides in Mad Max: Fury Road.
- A review of Noelle Stevenson’s shape-shifting fantasy webcomic Nimona.
- G. Willow Wilson responds to the New Yorker op-ed comparing the A Force team to porn stars.
- Hayley Atwell hints at more diversity in Agent Carter season 2.
- Salma Hayek talks about eating sea monster hearts.
- Kate Beckinsale confirmed for Underworld 5.
- Old-school motion capture for Disney movies.
- Anna Kendrick is your new Indiana Jones! …For one day, at least: