We just want to point out that we live in a world where a Chinese sculptor, Bi Sheng, created a twenty-foot-tall panda in an Iron Man suit. So if things go wrong today, and life seems useless, hopeless, or even simply colorless, repeat to yourself: there is a twenty-foot-tall panda, in China, in an Iron Man suit. [Photo via Popular Mechanics!]
Morning Roundup brings you an explosion of thoughts on Mad Max! A guide to binge-watching DS9! And the prettiest flying rays you’ve ever seen!
- As Mad Max: Fury Road barrels toward our cinemas, the reviews and think pieces are pouring in! Here’s the author of The Vagina Monologues hailing the film as a feminist action movie, and here’s a look back at the original Mad Max trilogy’s heroic aspirations.
- Here’s a thoughtful, nuanced look at the Black Widow backlash, and a discussion of the many monsters of Age of Ultron.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a perennially-blossoming flower.
- Big Bird speaks!
- Anyone in the mood for a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine binge-watch?
- You may have seen a horse fly, and you may have seen Jeff Goldblum become The Fly, but have you ever seen a ray fly?
- And finally, the two people who inspired all of your opinions on what a healthy relationship looks like sang together, fist-bumped, and kissed. Geez, get a room, you two! …please?