Adding Archer quotes to James Bond stills. It’s a brilliant idea, and you know it’s a brilliant idea, and then somehow when you actually look at the collection of stills it’s so much funnier than you even thought possible. Oh, internet. Thank you so much for all that you do.
Morning Roundup includes an appreciation of an undersung Age of Ultron character, a look at some Heroic Journeys that took startling left turns at Albequerque, so to speak, and news of Brian K. Vaughan’s next project!
- How great was Dr. Helen Cho in Age of Ultron?
- The Hero’s Journey does not always run smooth. io9 gives us 10 examples of heroes gone wrong. In some cases, very wrong.
- Why are Midwestern novels so obsessed with aliens?
- Use Carl Sagan’s “baloney detection kit” for all of your anti-baloney needs.
- Brian K. Vaughn talks about why he’s invaded Canada.
- Here are some thoughts on the Inklings’ tremendous influence on fantasy!
- And finally, we probably find this much funnier than we should? But the juxtaposition of dimly-lit, greenwashed fight scenes and this song just works for us. We’ll try not to question it too much.