ABC has renewed Agent Carter for a second season of 8 episodes and that feeling you’re having right now? That’s joy. (Or at the very least the lack of existential dread.)
The question of Agent Carter coming back to television was left open after the show’s first season, as its ratings were considered average for ABC and its line-up of dramas, despite the big jump in quality that Carter represented over its channel-mate show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Unknown is the fate of a rumored S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off featuring Bobbi “Mockingbird” Morse and Lance Hunter, although I’m personally convinced that this was never more than a joke that got out of hand because the words “starring Lance Hunter” are just too silly to support rational thought.
Anyway, Peggy Carter is coming back and that is GREAT because just look at all the entertaining things she did in only 8 episodes:
- She beat up an armed man in her apartment using only her stove grill.—“Now is Not the End”
- She drove a truck full of Stark’s bombs off a cliff but, like, whatever she’s over it.—“Bridge and Tunnel”
- She recognized the goodhearted Jarvis when no one else would and made the most thrilling filing error possible.—“Time and Tide”
- She took Captain America’s blood away from Howard Stark because no, no Howard you can’t just have that god you’re exhausting.—“The Blitzkrieg Button”
- All of this episode but especially the part where you’re watching the entire episode.—“The Iron Curtain”
- An entire organization of trained government agents tries to capture her. She beats them all up.—“A Sin to Err”
- Everyone admits that Peggy is too obviously great to be evil while Peggy just sits there being obviously great.—“Snafu”
- She saves New York City through the power of HOWARD STOP BEING A BABY.—“Valediction”
Now we get to see Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter do more awesome things, possibly including how she forms S.H.I.E.L.D., how she reacts to rock and roll, and how she tracks down Dottie.
SHE’S STILL OUT THERE.