As memorable as the characters in Hayao Miyazaki’s films are, sometimes the setting are just as compelling. Artist Bill Mudron, who has previously given us the Baywheux Tapestry, tries to show a new angle on some of Miyazaki’s classic works. Rather than having Kiki, Ashitaka, or Chihiro dead center, he focuses on the landscapes of their films, and pays homage to Kawase Hasui while he’s at it.
Morning Roundup is exited for further Avengers adventures! We’re also excited to see some “coffee, black” in space, and we’re going back in time for a vision of the future!
- All hail the new Avengers!
- We’ve already featured awesome Trekker and astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti on the site, but now she’s gone and brewed ISSpresso…
- Check out this profile of Normal Bel Geddes, the man who brought us the original Futurama!
- Can this beautiful smartass please annotate every motivational poster?
- The Southern Reach trilogy gets some purty new covers!
- Sometimes in this life, you just have to throw your hands up in the air and yell “MUPPETS!!!” at the top of your lungs. So that’s what we’re doing.
- It’s one of the great traditions: first we view the Marvel movie, then we gleefully hunt for Easter Eggs.