After seeing the Joker’s supposed new look for Suicide Squad, Bruce Wayne obviously felt like he needed to up his game. We’re just imagining Alfred sighing and pulling on the latex gloves (“Are you absolutely sure you want me to write ’I’m Batman’ over and over on your ribcage, Master Wayne?”). Though we’re surprised he forgot the most obvious recent one—“Do you bleed?”
In actuality, the tatting up of the Dark Knight by Twitter user @DrinkingQuest is just one of many wonderful memes that the Internet dreamed up in reaction to this first look at Jared Leto’s Joker. (Related: “What if other cinematic characters had forehead tattoos?”) According to some insiders and on-set photos, that image was just a promo shot and does not depict the actual Suicide Squad Joker.
Now that that’s cleared up, Afternoon Roundup brings you Hannibal spoilers, Disney’s staggering film slate, and Stephen Hawking using his powers for the well-being of teenage girls everywhere.
- You thought the Marvel Cinematic Universe film slate was crammed? Get a load of the entire Disney film slate through 2017.
- Game of Thrones’ showrunners talk about why they decided to take Sansa Stark in a very different direction from the books. (Spoilers at the link!)
- And while you’re refreshing your memory on the show versus the books, check out this interactive Kingsroadmap, which returns you to the ground covered (literally) in each episode.
- Konami breaks the news that the Silent Hills video game isn’t happening.
- Blink and you’ll miss your first look at the new Nightcrawler!
- io9 discusses all of the sci-fi tech that will never cross over from fiction to reality.
- 007, Gillian Anderson, and the fate of Will’s dogs: Bryan Fuller teases Hannibal season 3.
- Stephen Hawking uses the theory of multiverses to comfort One Direction fans.
- Speaking of teenage girls, Disney Channel’s new Original Movie Descendants sounds like every “Disney villain spawn” fanfic we’ve ever come across: