When he’s not getting his hand chopped off, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau proves that House Lannister knows how to party. During downtime at what would come to be known as the Purple Wedding, the actor had some fun with special musical guest Sigur Rós. Entertainment Weekly has a whole gallery of similarly funny and interesting behind-the-scenes photos, including another great Jaime one where he gets a birthday cupcake while in jail.
Afternoon Roundup is flailing over the new take on The Muppets, pondering the beginning of Spectre, and enjoying a world where Weird Al and Patton Oswalt nerd out together.
- ABC’s revival of The Muppets will be a mockumentary!
- “I am the one who climbs.” Beanstalks, that is.
- Happy 25th anniversary to the Hubble Telescope!
- Here’s a rundown of the first scene from Spectre.
- Is Christopher Nolan to blame for all the dark, non-fun comic book movies?
- “Weird Al” Yankovic is guest-editing MAD Magazine!
- We are always in favor of more J.K. Simmons, especially when it involves parallel universes.
- Here’s some Rogue One concept art, and a meditation on what happens when Star Wars is just a war film.
- Presenting the most guilt-free way to ensure that Disney heroes and audiences have a happy ending: