FLAIL. We officially have a real, live Kermit Frog. While the species can currently be found in Costa Rica, we assume that it will begin a madcap roadtrip to pursue its show business dreams in New York City any day now.
Morning Roundup brings you original art from the hand of J.R.R. Tolkien, original art from the minds of some of our greatest Afrofuturists, and we gaze deeply into some eyes without a Face.
- Tolkien designed an original dust jacket for The Hobbit!
- WHY ISN’T STAR WARS HERE YET.
- Writing about the future? Here are some handy tips for making a future that won’t turn into the past.
- And speaking of the future, check out this fabulous Afrofuturist art!
- A Faceless Man has a mouth that speaks.
- Wait, Mario was a SIM?
- Here, have some graphic novel and miniseries reading suggestions, courtesy of the good folks over at Vertigo.
- Aw, man, we want to hug everyone involved in this: the scientists, the whale, the concept of childlike wonder, everyone.
- And finally, for those of you caught up on Netflix’s Daredevil, here’s a second video. GASP!