Italian artist Simona Bonafini has set Disney characters loose on Instagram, with hilarious results! Aladdin and Jasmine should probably ease up on the PDA, Anna seriously needs to stop ruinng all of Elsa’s pics, and Hercules… well, he had better never run for political office. But our favorite was Gaston, who clearly thrives in the age of the selfie. [via BoingBoing!]
Today’s Morning Roundup will tell you a tale of how Ultron nearly claimed Joss Whedon as his first victim! We’ll listen to Cixin Liu talk about Chinese science fiction! And we’ll climb up a water tower to sound the barbaric yawp of our appreciation for Daredevil!
- “When I watch it, I just see ’flaw, flaw, flaw, compromise, laziness, mistake.’” It’s a good thing Joss Whedon didn’t go into marketing.
- NPR talks to The Three-Body Problem author Cixin Liu!
- A brief, by-no-means-complete, history of diversity in SFF.
- Here, allow us to count the ways we love Daredevil! And allow us to celebrate the fact that Netflix is giving us audio descriptions!
- The ratios of fast-to-furious, in chart format.
- It’s easy to remember Terry Pratchett for his humor, but Sulagna Misra recounts the ways his books influenced her neural circuitry.
- Mortal Kombat contains many mysteries.
- TV’s Frank is the greatest henchman!