Did you love Spider-Gwen? Well, gird your loins, because the month of June will see the repopularized Gwen Stacy starring on twenty Marvel variant covers! And they’re getting in on the puns before anyone else can, as this quote proves: “Gwenom? The InGwenible Hulk? The Mighty AGwengers? What about G.W.E.N.D.O.K.?” Marvel has already released the preview covers for The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, and Wolverine; June will also bring us Deadpool, Groot, and Thor variants. What a wonderful world we live in.
Afternoon Roundup takes a hologram to Mars; ponders what Merlin’s seven words of advice would be; and hopes those Captain Marvel rumors are true.
- Bummer: The Wonder Woman movie loses director Michelle MacLaren. Here are some contenders to replace her, from The Mary Sue.
- In better news, Guardians of the Galaxy’s Nicole Perlman could be writing the Captain Marvel movie.
- And Katee Sackhoff is heading a dystopian drama about climate change.
- Elon Musk’s reading list includes Dune and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- T.A. Barron mines Merlin’s wisdom for us.
- Did you know that sci-fi was once called scientification?
- Ex Machina’s Alicia Vikander talks about survival instincts in human vs. robots.
- NASA is using Hololens to send scientists to Mars.