One of the highlights of last night’s MTV Movie Awards was seeing Robert Downey Jr. honored with the Generation Award. Even better was when his Avengers: Age of Ultron castmates joined him onstage and then took a knee to their boss (or, if not boss, the guy who pays for everything, designs everything, makes everyone look cooler). And then RDJ tweeted a sweet thank-you and it was all just awww.
Afternoon Roundup ponders how to make Dark Empire canon again, the resemblance between Maisie Williams and Jenna Coleman, and our favorite scary movie.
- Science fiction stories reimagined as games.
- Maisie Williams won’t tell us anything about her Doctor Who character (except for the possibility that she’s a younger Clara).
- Eddie Redmayne to replace Matt Smith in finding fantastical beasts?
- Can we credit Harry Potter with creating more female fantasy writers?
- When Jack Kirby adapted Arthur C. Clarke.
- Spotted! A mostly purple David Tennant.
- This is why you don’t mess with Mary when it comes to her little lamb.
- You can’t do a slasher movie as a TV series: