This iPhone Game Boy add-on began as an April Fool’s prank, but the Internet has spoken: They want to actually be able to play Game Boy games on their smartphones! Now, the company Hyperkin is actually working to make the “Smart Boy” a reality.
Morning Roundup ponders the meaning behind Captain Cosmos, whether A.I.s will save us or kill us, and how to find our way home using Interstellar.
- Is George R.R. Martin’s new HBO project secretly about Rod Serling?
- Turns out Starship Troopers and Dances With Wolves are set in the same location.
- Ex Machina’s Alex Garland explains why artificial intelligence is our only hope for the future, and Oscar Isaac talks about how he was inspired by Stanley Kubrick.
- Bryan Fuller wants to make the U.S. version of Suspiria for TV.
- Francis Lawrence trades arenas and muttations for the big wide sea and meddling gods with The Odyssey.
- To boldly go in brightest day and darkest night…?
- Why Wicked the musical had more magic than any proposed screenplays.
- Google wants to block you from spoilers—sweet, but still creepy and Skynet-y.
- This faux-’70s movie trailer reimagines Jupiter Ascending as Cinderella 2000—and it still makes sense!