Never doubt that Margaret Atwood doesn’t keep up with contemporary stories, as evidenced by this great photo of her reading up on Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky’s Sex Criminals. For that, you can thank Canadian comics fan Hope Nicholson, who introduced her to the book. No stranger to sexual politics in fiction (see The Handmaid’s Tale, Oryx and Crake, etc.), Atwood’s takeaway was “That’s fun.” Next up is Bitch Planet!
Afternoon Roundup brings you the oddest Game of Thrones theory yet, upsetting news about the Twin Peaks reboot, and the materials to remix space itself.
- Dragons and magic we can believe in, but a mad little monk who made those clockwork opening credits? You’ve gone too far, Game of Thrones.
- Twin Peaks going forward without David Lynch??
- And you thought you were clever with Post-It notes.
- A whole new, SFF take on the athlete, the princess, the brain, the basket case, and the crimial.
- Now you have no excuse not to make all the space remixes.
- Gail Simone wants to know if there’s a difference between comics fans and “Tumblr fans.”
- Is this the Weeping Angels’ newest, most terrifying form yet?
- Finally, earbuds made specifically for listening to anime music.
- Saturday Night Live devoted Michael Keaton’s opening monologue to begging him to play Batman once more: