Google has rolled out one of their April Fool’s pranks early (which makes us wonder what else is coming tomorrow!), where you can play Pac Man on Google Maps. As Kotaku demonstrates, you’ll have the most fun in cities, where Pac Man can chase Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde over crisscrossing streets and distract you from work until the next bit of Internet April Fool’s fun goes up.
Afternoon Roundup contemplates wizard-born children’s advantages over Muggleborns; imagines Helen Mirren and Vin Diesel in conversation; and gets down to business to defeat the Huns.
- Disney’s next live-action adaptation of its own animated musical will be… Mulan! Though this one is also based on the original legend.
- BuzzFeed has already come up with an excellent dream cast. (Constance Wu FTW.)
- How magic represents privilege in the Harry Potter books.
- Lisbeth Salander is up to more intrigue in The Girl in the Spider’s Web.
- Rory Williams travels through time once more! Just not in a TARDIS this time.
- Entertainment Weekly hitchhiked all over Europe with the Game of Thrones crew for 10 days to eavesdrop on major scenes and tease a Cersei scene and a character death.
- The Deadpool movie is bringing in Negasonic Teenage Warhead!
- Helen Mirren loves Vin Diesel and wants to be a Fast and Furious villain. Reminder: Helen Mirren is the best.
- This amazing mashup of Gonzo “singing” Digital Underground’s “The Humpty Dance” asks us to allow it to amaze us, and it does: