New York City’s MTA, which runs the subway system, has had its share of bad press lately, with winter delays and fare hikes. However, celebrating the Fall of the Dark Lord Sauron is one delay we would gladly endure, if it meant we got to attend the Book Festival in Minas Morgul and the Costume Dance Party in the Crack of Doom! …Wait, how will we get there? (Hat-tip to Gothamist for spotting these posters around NYC.)
Afternoon Roundup brings you a memoir on the first season of Lost; the first look at Lex Luthor; and a triumph for geeks and inclusion.
- Gen Con threatens to leave Indiana over SB 101.
- Meanwhile, J.K. Rowling sets a fan straight who “can’t see” Dumbledore as gay.
- Someone decided to shave Jesse Eisenberg’s head and call him Lex Luthor.
- One of the writers of Lost attempts to answer the question—did they know what they were doing, or did they make it up as they went along?
- Proof that BB-8 will be the breakout character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- In the ’90s, Star Wars fans were grateful for these toys.
- Aww, Sean Bean is watching his TV kids grow up!
- Who’s the maddest scientist there is—Mr. Freeze, Zoidberg, or Frank N Furter?
- Marvel Comics wants to be a part of it, in ol’ New York.
- Wear your non-compliance proudly.
- Sure, Arnold Schwarzenegger can face off against robots, but how about zombies?
- Your tension has been exterminated. Exterminated!