George Lucas stopped into Midtown Comics on Wednesday, and there were some familiar faces on his pull list! Apparently he got Marvel’s Star Wars, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia series, plus some old-school issues of Heavy Metal, which seems awesomely appropriate.
Morning Roundup has news from the shores of Dorne, an update on Neill Blomkap’s Alien film, and an in-depth essay on why fantasy literature is vitally necessary for human brain function.
- We get to travel to sunny Dorne on Game of Thrones this season, mostly because the producers decided it was their “Brazil” and they reeeeeally wanted to hang out there.
- Are you a Michael Biehn-loving Aliens fan? You are about to be so happy.
- Plus, another Deadpool cast member has been confirmed!
- Stephen R. Donaldson has written an amazing essay on fantasy as necessary literature, which includes a thoughtful meditation on Malazan’s subversion of genre tropes.
- Travel back to a time when dystopian cyberpunk futures were not yet our dystopian cyberpunk present.
- Terry Brooks explains why Elfstones was chosen to be the first Shannara book adapted for television.
- There’s no wrong way to read Terry Pratchett!
- Here, have an in-depth analysis of the best scene ever committed to film ever!