You fools! Why would you give a key to the city to Cobra Commander? And less than a month before the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Convention. Clearly the mayor of Springfield, Illinois has been corrupted, as he is giving the Joes’ greatest enemy more power than he could possibly imagine. Comics Alliance explains the true danger of this baffling move, and why we need the Joes more than ever.
Afternoon Roundup brings you the first look at the Sand Snakes, a deep dive into one of the most nefarious fanfics, and all the cover reveals.
- As we mourn the passing of Terry Pratchett, reread this 2014 tribute from his Good Omens co-writer and friend Neil Gaiman.
- Game of Thrones reveals the first official photos of the Sand Snakes.
- Vulture delves into the bizarre, unsolved mystery of “My Immortal,” the vampire-ridden Harry Potter fanfic that has earned the title of worst fanfic ever.
- Liam Neeson has spoken, and if we want T4ken, it’s gonna have to happen in the next two years.
- So many cover reveals today: China Miéville’s Three Moments of an Explosion, Margaret Atwood’s The Heart Goes Last, and Marissa Meyer’s Winter.
- Bill Watterson gives his longest interview yet in Exploring Calvin & Hobbes.
- Radio Times has rounded up some hilarious (and technically impressive) Doctor Who mashups with Harry Potter, Taken, and more. We wanted to highlight the Buffy the Vampire Slayer one, partly for the latter’s 18th anniversary, and partly because these opening credits just work so well: