A few years ago, advertising agency Oskoui + Oskoui released their Star Wars By the Numbers series—tongue-in-cheek infographics measuring speciesism in the Galactic Empire, Anakin Skywalker’s approval rating through all six movies, and limbs lost by demographic. It’s a fun way of looking at the Star Wars universe; hopefully they’ll be inspired by the new trilogy to whip up some more infographics. (Hat-tip to Imgur for resurfacing these.)
Afternoon Roundup brings you another new Ghostbusters movie, more fantasy and genre label debate, and books on AI.
- Who you gonna call? The all-female Ghostbusters or the new, all-male team.
- On the misuse of genre labels and the managing of reader expectations.
- Spectre adds yet another Bond girl.
- The Game Show Network is getting hip with new shows Steampunk’d and Hellevator.
- But the real question is, does this teenage Benedict Cumberbatch doppelgänger also resemble an otter?
- If you liked Chappie (or even if you didn’t), pick up these six books that tackle artificial intelligence.
- In this new promo for The Flash, Mark Hamill is basically playing his version of the Joker, but in the flesh. Run run run run RUN!