BoingBoing shared a gallery of Star Trek comics covers, which were posted by Tumblr-user AstroDevil as a memorial to Leonard Nimoy. They’re all pretty fabulous, but after a bit of debate, we voted for the civilization that had the sense to carve Spock into a mountain.
Morning Roundup brings you a new direction for Star Trek, the ongoing war between DC and Marvel (when will the carnage end???), and David Bowie travels to a magical land of fantasy!
- Let’s go where no Yellow King has gone before!
- Behind the scenes… of a trailer! OK, getting extra footage about a trailer sounds ridiculous, but it’s for Age of Ultron, so it’s probably worth the extra attention.
- “Who’s my favorite Avenger? That’s so tough. I wouldn’t—I’d put myself kind of at the bottom of the list honestly. As a man, as a people I’d take Steve Rogers. As an Avenger, come on I don’t know. I really think Thor is pretty cool.”
- Octopi have conquered cameras! And now they’re escaping! Our reign is over.
- This 1906 fantasy depicted future New York, and starred the Flatiron Building, which is totally the best building.
- Are you running low on anime? Try any of these excellent films, presented in GIF format!
- Blastr reconsiders The Dark Knight Rises.
- WHO IS MOST GRITTY?
- So there was going to be a Ziggy Stardust level in the Disney Fantasia videogame, and while you’re processing the thought of that, you can listen to the remixes that weren’t used.
- Celebrating net neutrality with Grumpy Cat: