Vintage Everyday has collected these great photos of Boris Karloff lounging around on the set of Frankenstein circa 1930: getting fitted for costumes, getting his hair combed, getting dirtied up. Our favorite, however, is him daintily drinking tea while getting fitted for his wardrobe. Perhaps if the townspeople had met the monster with teacups instead of torches, things could have turned out differently.
Afternoon Roundup brings you robot recipes, possible Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer details, and rumors of a new J.K. Rowling book!
- J.K. Rowling teases a new book on World Book Day!
- Whew, Harrison Ford is “battered but OK” after his plane crash.
- Are you game to try a supercomputer’s quirky recipes?
- Bryan Konietzko donates a sweet Korrasami piece to an upcoming Legend of Korra tribute exhibition.
- Toy Story 4 won’t really be a sequel.
- The Smithsonian is offering an online course about comic book history, with Michael Uslan and Stan Lee.
- The Big Bang Theory honors Leonard Nimoy in its credits.
- Is this what Mars looked like when it had water?
- A spoilerific (if it’s true) breakdown of the next Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- Impatient for a Legend of Zelda Netflix series? Check out this great Zelda fan trailer teaser: