Manchester-based artist James Chapman publishes weekly “international sound” comics, which illustrate onomatopoeia and examine sounds in other languages. Recently, he posted International Heroes, which presents various Marvel superheroes by their names in other languages. “Some of these are from the comics and some are from the movies,“ he explained. ”They change their names more often than they change into their costumes.” We just love that Spider-Man and Rocket Raccoon’s names translate to “Pokémber” and “Blunderbuss” in Hungarian.
Afternoon Roundup brings you a possible Spider-Man director, Jurassic World’s new and old beasties, and dream wizarding schools across the globe.
- M.F.K. creator Nilah Magruder wins the inaugural Dwayne McDuffie Diversity Award.
- Did the Parks and Recreation writers know they had a future Star-Lord, Jurassic World ranger, and potential Indiana Jones on their hands way back when?
- Cabin in the Woods’ Drew Goddard might move from directing Sinister Six to the new Spider-Man.
- No, it’s not illegal to “Spock” your fives in Canada.
- Want to dine like 007? This infographic will show you how.
- Whosoever, if she shall be worthy, shall have this rockin’ Mjolnir purse.
- Hugh Jackman is “open to the idea” of a Wolverine cameo in Deadpool.
- New Jurassic World dinos!
- Tumblr user asheathes cunningly creates, through GIFs and words, wizarding schools for nearly every corner of the globe.
- We know that Bruce Wayne has very… singular tastes, but “Fifty Shades of Wayne” goes further than most recent mashups/parodies. It’s weirdly fitting to have Batman shouting “Swear to me!” at Anastasia Steele in the Red Room of Pain: