There have been several fan editions of Game of Thrones Monopoly, but now an official version is on the horizon! We’re talking Iron Throne and dragon egg tokens, and probably also ways to sabotage and murder your fellow players? Go directly to the Wall, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 gold—but you can pre-order it now, for June.
Afternoon Roundup brings you sci-fi clichés from a Hugo winner; baby’s first Stormlight Archive quote; and historically accurate Disney princesses in the flesh.
- Ann Leckie on writing science fiction clichés.
- The latest insane Titanic fan theory: Jack Dawson is a time traveler. (We prefer our theory about alternate timelines, but not bad.)
- Starting kids on The Stormlight Archive early.
- The New York Times discovers Johnlock!
- And this is how you do and don’t talk about fanfiction in an academic course.
- The sci-fi behind the sci-fi of Black Mirror.
- Calista Flockhart joins Supergirl as Kara Zor-El’s intimidating boss.
- For the man who convinced me to stop writing silly genre fiction…
- Taking the historically accurate Disney princesses one step further, BuzzFeed’s new video reveals just how far off Disney’s depictions of Tiana, Pocahontas, and more were: