Dr. Horrible Neil Patrick Harris hosting the Academy Awards this weekend, Nerd Approved wanted to make sure that 2014’s geekier works got their chance to bring home an Oscar statuette. (And hey, Batman can actually thank his parents in his acceptance speech for best song.) Because Emily Blunt’s arms in Edge of Tomorrow and Baymax in Big Hero 6 both deserve to be recognized for best supporting roles.
Afternoon Roundup brings you a Powerpuff Girls reboot, Stephen Hawking’s space photos, and a Harry Potter fan documentary!
- Cartoon Network is bringing back The Powerpuff Girls!
- Speaking of another group of awesome women, AMC will be airing the Orphan Black season premiere over almost as many networks as there are clones.
- Now we want Stephen Hawking to invite us over to look at space through his snazzy new telescope.
- Especially considering that things aren’t looking so hot for the space elevator.
- Supergirl will have a cape.
- Settlers of Catan will be a movie, or a TV show, or maybe both.
- Why can’t we seem to get sex right in the future?
- Tom Felton is making a Harry Potter documentary!
- Maybe this plush George R.R. Martin doll will tell you secrets about The Winds of Winter.
- Thank your lucky stars that this bad TV pilot with Whose Line’s Ryan Stiles as a robot baggage handler never got made: