After watching Interstellar, artist Nick Barclay remembered that 2001: A Space Odyssey had a circle as a main character. From that realization sprang his Circle Movies poster series (via Laughing Squid), which boils down classic films to their iconic circles—including HAL, the One Ring, The Matrix’s famous pills, and more.
Afternoon Roundup continues to celebrate Harley Quinn Month; drools over all the pretty pieces at Toy Fair; and plans which sci-fi and fantasy novels will make the best hibernation reading list.
- A virtual reality View-Master, a Groot that grows in real life, and every other toy we coveted from this year’s Toy Fair.
- Hasbro wants you to build whatever kind of lightsaber your heart desires.
- Did you know that Harley Quinn’s origins lay in a soap opera dream sequence?
- Mentats of Dune, Firefight, and other SFF sequels to catch up on this winter.
- Kieron Gillen explains why Darth Vader is terrible at micromanaging.
- Robert Downey Jr. hints at the Captain America: Civil War clues in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Why do we have to keep rebooting Spider-Man as a teenager?
- If dinosaurs with Jeff Goldblum heads are wrong, then we don’t want this utterly bizarre Jurassic World parody to be right: