No offense to the National Office of Buddhism director, but we think these monks shouldn’t get punished for their clearly awesome broom skills. We’d put them on our Quidditch team any day.
Afternoon Roundup rereads our entire college English syllabus through the lens of AvP; looks forward to International Fanworks Day; and parties with Casanova, the suavest robot from the ’80s.
- This February 15, celebrate the first-ever International Fanworks Day!
- Should we send aliens one carefully crafted message, or Wikipedia’s entire database?
- In light of recent news, it’s probably for the best that we never got James Cameron’s Spider-Man.
- Of course The Epic of Gilgamesh is derived from Alien vs. Predator! How could we not have seen it?
- How to spot the first hints of Secret Wars and Convergence in current comics.
- Why Marvel’s A-Force won’t be a typical team book, and how it relates to Agent Carter.
- This Valentine’s Day, may you find your mutually satisfying weirdness with that special someone.
- We can’t make this up—meet Casanova the party robot: