Australia’s Perth Mint is celebrating Star Trek in 2015! They’re releasing a pair of coins commemorating the show on February 16. One features James T. Kirk’s handsome mug, while the other honors the U.S.S. Enterprise herself. We’re delighted by the emotional range of these coins, from Elizabeth II’s severity on one side, to JTK smirking on the other. You can find more information about the coins in the Mint’s monthly bulletin.
Morning Roundup has discovered the greatest village in all of Japan! We’ve also become a little nervous that Robert Downey Jr. is monitoring our social media presence, and we’ve found the best possible use for the Death Star!
- WHY HAVEN’T WE MOVED TO JAPAN YET.
- Hayden Christensen will star in Untot, which is apparently about German zombies, not a young educator who quits his job at a preschool.
- Go Teen Titans!
- Does Robert Downey Jr. have a Google alert for the word ’Sherlock’?
- So when do we get the Mythbusters where Adam and Jamie leave the solar system in search of habitable planets?
- Facebook, like all of us, grows and evolves over time. Here’s a look back at Mark Zuckerberg’s profile to handily illustrate that fact.
- Will you help me build a Falcon?
- And finally, via The Mary Sue, we present a thing that will make you cry: