Can we watch every major sports through the lens of a superhero rivalry? After talking trash over Twitter for the past two weeks about their respective teams, Chris Pratt and Chris Evans decided to watch the big game together, aww. And even though Cap’s Patriots won (that interception you guys whaaat), both Marvel heroes are going to visit children’s hospitals in-character and wearing each other’s jerseys, aww. You can also buy a commemorative T-shirt to remember this most charitable of rivalries.
Afternoon Roundup wants that ring, precious; ponders its favorite Knight of the Round Table; and makes “phtoo, phtoo” sounds with Scarlet Witch.
- Craft your way to Minecon tickets!
- One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them / One ring to bring them all and in the lunchroom bind them.
- Save the guy who manipulates the Northern Lights, save the world?
- Chris Hemsworth on not getting to play off Loki, and 24 other tidbits from the Avengers: Age of Ultron set.
- Congratulations to Jo Walton for My Real Children being named a Stonewall Honor Book in Literature!
- Why do the Knights of the Round Table never get enough screen time?
- Sad news: San Francisco’s Borderlands Books is closing.
- Remembering Carl Djerassi: chemist, playwright, and “father of the pill.”
- Bad Onix! You are not an indoor Pokémon.
- Have someone special in your life who you’d like to slowly drive to existential agony? Here’s how to hack their alarm clock, Groundhog Day-style: