Welcome to the first-ever Afternoon Roundup! Right around the time you’re flagging and getting your afternoon caffeine fix, we’re here with more great links from around the Web. And once you have your hot drink in hand, maybe you’ll be inspired by the Instagram account Sleevebucks to turn the Starbucks mermaid into every pop culture character imaginable! Although they’ve already done a bang-up job of transforming her into Zorro, Thor, and even Sherlock Holmes himself.
Afternoon Roundup ponders Chris Pratt ruling two big action-adventure franchises; connects the dots on Legend of Korra; and tries to get you to watch Black Mirror already—you’ll really like it!
- If Chris Pratt can face genetically-mutated dinosaurs, snakes shouldn’t be so bad, right?
- Now that Legend of Korra is over, check out these cool family trees to see how everyone connects.
- “But I Do Not Want to Watch Black Mirror”: a short one-act play.
- Black Canary finally returns to Arrow, but it’s “messy.”
- You can thank anime for crackling, expanding balls of energy.
- “Oh my God, you are such a Gilderoy.”
- Is this how the lady Ghostbusters will cross paths before they try not to cross streams?
- In which one creepy villain leans into the typecasting.
- “Tetris is like life: Whatever comes at you, you gotta just keep going, keep trying to make the best of what’s in front of you”: