Check out this vibrant painting by artist Chris Foss! James Gunn shared the piece, which he credits with helping him land the Guardians of the Galaxy gig, on his Facebook page. He used Foss’ work in his pitch to Marvel, saying: “They were immediately on board, and we ended up hiring Chris Foss to help design some of the spaceships in the film. He was, of everyone, my biggest visual inspiration on Guardians.” You can read more about the process over at Gunn’s Facebook page, and see more of Foss’ gorgeous work here!
The rest of Morning Roundup focuses on the most interesting character in Blade Runner, takes a dip in a haunted sea, and brings you movie suggestions from a master!
- There goes a haunted narwal!
- Of all the complex relationships in Blade Runner, none is more haunting than the one between Ridley Scott and Los Angeles. This mini-doc is part of a series that explores how the city has become a character in film.
- George Lucas finally gets to go see a Star War!
- An interesting take on Detroit, Robocop, and social consciousness.
- For those of you who need some Netflix suggestions, here are Akira Kurosawa’s 100 favorite films.
- This Pynchon ranking list needs to be longer and more all-encompassing if it wants to be a deconstruction of an entire decade that also serves as a critique of consciousness itself.
- Man, Artoo keeps a lot bottled up, doesn’t he?