Artist Lar deSouza created this sweet mashup of Guardians of the Galaxy and Peanuts, and naturally Groot becomes the tree that just needs a little love. A Merry Happy Christmas to those who celebrate! To everyone else, we hope you have a wonderful break to get to the reading and binge-watching you’ve been promising yourself all year.
Morning Roundup drains another glass of eggnog, and brings you links! We have holiday reading suggestions, a literary pastiche from the 1920s, and reminiscences from Mel Brooks! Plus Tim Burton talks about not being George Lucas, and Björk takes us all to Bethlehem.
- Exhausted by holiday film lists? Here are some books to pair with your viewing! Featuring special appearances by Sofia Samatar, David Mitchell, and John McClane.
- Didn’t Jack Skellington already solve this equation?
- A spare yet poignant visit from St. Nicholas.
- Geoff Chaucer will help you get through the holidays.
- And if that doesn’t work, meditate upon this insane 1660s Christmas menu, and think about how at least you don’t have to create a formal showpiece swan for dinner.
- Fronken-shteen, dammit.
- Tim Burton is pro-wrinkle and wart.
- Hey, want to hear a tiny Björk read the Nativity story in Icelandic?
- And if you’re dissatisfied with your haul this year, here’s a helpful guide to hunting Santa with a slingshot!