The folks at Gracepoint are rewarding David Tennant for watching the Tenth Doctor growl his way through their remake of Broadchurch. The show’s creator Chris Chibnall—who has also written for Doctor Who—tweeted these great props from the desk of Tennant’s protagonist Detective Carver. The TARDIS phone must get great reception.
Morning Roundup radically reimagines an Octavia E. Butler classic, makes holiday wreaths from old books, cheers over the Empire Strikes Back live read’s special guest, and is super jealous of Bill Gates’ reddit Secret Santa gift recipient.
- If you read Octavia E. Butler’s Parable of the Sower and thought, “I want to see this as a genre-bending opera,” then singer/songwriter Toshi Reagon is creating your dream show.
- He is Bill Gates, and he is burdened with glorious Reddit Secret Santa purpose.
- Of course Mark Hamill was the special secret guest at the Empire Strikes Back live read. And then he read for Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Emperor, and all was amazing.
- Marvel wants you to know that Daredevil will not be like Thor.
- “I was drenched in blood”: Why it’s fun to star in a B-movie.
- How to upcycle your old books into sweet holiday decorations.
- The 20 games you shouldn’t miss in 2015, including one from the guy who made the adorable hologram game in Spike Jonze’s Her.
- Now these are the kinds of alternate universes we want to see the tesseract open and then mash up: