Did you know Mark Hamill’s son Nathan was in The Phantom Menace? Here he is cuddling with R2D2 in between scenes. Reddit, the source for all things behind-the-scenes, posted a whole cache of adorable shots, and you should definitely go see look.
Morning Roundup brings you deep thoughts on film ratings and 1960s paperbacks! Patrick Rothfuss! Aaaaand…yet more end-of-year reading suggestions!
- A serious essay about film ratings, with an adorable picture of Gizmo.
- Evangeline Lilly, much like the rest of us, almost gave up on Ant-Man when Edgar Wright left the project.
- It is imperative that you know these facts about Elf!
- OK, this isn’t really speculative fiction, but it is an award-winningly-bad sex scene with a rocket in it…
- Patrick Rothfuss talks about livestock!
- Buzzfeed has picked its favorite books of 2014, and it’s full of wonderfulness!
- Travel back to a time when paperbacks cost…what, a dime? something like that. The best sci-fi novels of 1965!
- There’s an 8-Bit Freaks and Geeks choose your own adventure game! And SethRogen and James Franco play it! And…they mostly stick to the original scripts? Which Franco’s forgotten most of.