We’re sure this ad is an instant nostalgia-generator for many of you. What’s even cooler, as BoingBoing points out, is that this 1980 ad highlights two women who are clearly enjoying the game! And look at the woman on the left, with her pink turtleneck and Jessica Wakefield-esque lavalier necklace! She certainly doesn’t conform to any nerd stereotypes. See, 1980s parents? D&D is for everyone!
Morning Roundup has a look at The Three-Body Problem’s popularity in China, thoughts on the literary economy, and a dire warning that you may be trapped in a Christopher Nolan movie!
- The Wall Street Journal talks about The Three-Body Problem!
- Looking for yourself in SFF, and finding Samuel Delany.
- Virginia Woolf meets George R.R. Martin.
- “We don’t know if the universe belongs to a realist genre or a fantastic one…”
- Are you in a Christopher Nolan movie? Is the BWHHHAAAAANNNNG coming from inside the house???
- Bill Nye may be the one who saves us all.
- Why has a TARDIS landed at Paddington Station?
- Take a tour of the ISS! (Without undergoing a grueling astronaut training regimen.)