In the old city of Chellah in Rabat, Morocco, there is a tree that has grown into the shape of a DRAGON. This has either happened naturally, or, in a more interesting universe, the spirit of a long-extinct dragon has manifested itself in this tree! One day, all the children of the city will know to come to the Dragon Tree with their troubles, and the Dragon Spirit will grant them Her wisdom in magnificent dreams of flight. [via Laughing Squid!]
Morning Roundup asks an important question: why is Gandhi such a jerk? (The Civilization version of Gandhi, not real Gandhi.) We also meditate upon Christopher Nolan’s flask of tea, and infiltrate a colony of penguins!
- No more passive resistance.
- We cannot wait for 2023.
- Here, have an in-depth look at Christopher Nolan’s directing techniques!
- Where better to contemplate the fragility of the human psyche than SPAAAAACE?
- The Incredibles pretty much are the model for how to do family correctly.
- How to keep kids interested in SCIENCE!
- And speaking of SCIENCE!, we’ve found a solution to the coming Zombocalypse!
- Oh, also? ROBOT PENGUINS.
- Conan O’Brien plays Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and looks into the true horror of war: busy streets.