Have we mentioned that we love Halloween? And that the mere presence of Halloween makes October the best month? And that part of October being the best month is that suddenly horror movies and horror movie accessories are everywhere? Here, for example, are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, made even better through the miracle of modern kit-bashing in Dan Polydoris’s Sewer Slashin’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Really, the only thing this collection lacks is April O’Neill as Asami Yamazaki…
Morning Roundup has so much to tell you! There are thoughts on the mathematical truths to be found in The Simpsons, explorations of the state of the gaming world from Cory Doctorow and Anita Sarkeesian, and a studio tour with a comics master!
- Homer’s Last Theorem!
- Here’s a handy roundup of all the reasons Bill Murray didn’t want to do Ghostbusters 3.
- The New York Times covers cosplay (which is short for “costume play” they hasten to tell us) and gets some great shots of the New York Comic-Con cosplay competition!
- Oh, Spider-Gwen. Like a punch in the chest.
- Cory Doctorow talks about gaming! And, well, Cory Doctorow talks about a lot of things. But mostly gaming!
- And as long as we’re on this topic, Anita Sarkeesian talks to Rolling Stone about the Gamergate controversy.
- And still speaking of gaming, but more happily this time, the World of Warcraft movie is getting a suitably epic composer!
- And finally, take a tour of Art Spiegelman’s studio!