Eeek! Karl Urban is attacking! This shot really should have been included in one of the Lord of the Rings films. Or possibly in all of the Lord of the Rings films, whether it was appropriate to the plot or not. Join_You_In_The_Sun shared a whole collection of unedited publicity photos from The Two Towers, and they’re pretty fun! Sean Astin looks like he’s in a trance state as Sam, and Viggo Mortensen’s hair apparently just always does the thing where it’s all windswept and epic all the time. And Elijah Wood looked so young…hey. Waaaait a minute. He still looks exactly like that! What the heck, genetics??!
Morning Roundup goes behind-the-scenes with some cantankerous Boxtrolls, gathers a list to provide you with all you Every-Day-in-October-is-Halloween needs, and an extended interview with novelist David Mitchell!
- Behind-the-scenes with The Boxtrolls!
- For those of you who still watch television, The Atlantic has provided a vital service: here is a complete listing of every horror film that will be shown on TV from now until Halloween. Quickly, that Jiffy Pop won’t jiffily pop itself!
- Man, little makes us angrier than squandered immortality. Come on, folks, haven’t any of you seen Groundhog Day??!
- Anybody wanna go to Mars? Hell, does everybody wanna go to Mars?
- David Mitchell discusses The Bone Clocks on The Guardian’s podcast!
- But who will cameo as themselves in the Zombieland sequel?
- Dad + DeLorean!
- Sir Alec Guinness talks about Star Wars in 1977!