Good morning! This lovely image is the amazing Orlando Jones (star of the just-returned Sleepy Hollow!) acting out the “Grimacing Face” emoji. But wait, perhaps you don’t like “Grimacing Face”? Perhaps you prefer “Baby With A Crescent Moon On Its Head”? Or Even “Flexed Bicep”? Well, you’re in luck, human! Mr. Jones has acted out a whole universe of emoji over on Buzzfeed. And that’s not all! He has also founded the iROC Emoji App, which will give you and your beloved phone diverse emoji! So perhaps there can be a tiny pocket of this world that doesn’t default to white, blonde, and skinny. And that tiny pocket of the world can live in your very own pocket! Unless you have a new iPhone, in which case it won’t fit in your pocket…
Morning Roundup brings you more special stuff from Guardians of the Galaxy! (Between this and James Gunn’s Facebook page, is there going to be anything left for the Blu-Ray?) The minds behind Daredevil offer reassurances! And the mind behind Bone offers us musings on controversial comics!
- Alternate Collector Collections! Man, if Marvel just keeps releasing tiny tidbits of Guardians of the Galaxy each week, we may never be sad again.
- OK, first of all? Maybe don’t let anyone introduce themselves as “Electric Nachos.” Then, having earned the audience’s trust, you can work on building a coherent superheroic universe.
- Wait, Sam Raimi dated Spider-Man?
- No, Kotaku. It is now, and has ALWAYS BEEN, the perfect time to play Dungeons and Dragons!
- We do tend to think the words “weird” and “fiction” when we think of sex…
- The New Yorker talks about Randall Munroe’s work, and explores why our brains love stories so much. Especially stories starring snarky stick figures.
- Moby Dick enthusiast Jeff Smith talks about Banned Books Week!
- Are you too busy to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey? We have a solution: