Neil Gaiman and his literary/parody posse want to make sure that you spend this week reading banned books and comics. They’ll know if you don’t. They’ll know. (It’s well known that Weird Al can see into our minds. Oh hey, did George R.R. Martin return that typewriter?)
Morning Roundup brings you 3D-printed superhero action figures with your (yes, your) face, a new and easier way to watch MST3K, and Doctor Who Christmas special casting news!
- A Shaun of the Dead star, a Misfit, and the son of a Doctor walk into a Doctor Who Christmas special…
- You know you want me, baby! Vimeo to stream episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Today we learned that robots also suffer from “Sophie’s Choice,” enough to technically break Asimov’s First Law of Robotics.
- You can make yourself into a 3D printed action figure… so long as you don’t mind being either Iron Man or Captain America.
- 19 GIFs that perfectly encapsulate your OTP #iwillgodownwiththisship
- People are really emotionally invested in whether Once Upon a Time’s Elsa is going to say “Let it go” at some point on the show.
- Orphan Black’s Jordan Gavaris drops his Felix accent to talk about all the “sass” and “stank eye” on the show. It’s the next best thing to new Orphan Black episodes.
- The Female Man and gender-swapped Starbuck; The Left Hand of Darkness and Sarah Connor’s arms: The most feminist moments in sci-fi history, according to New York Magazine.
- Fly away from the Mondays with Disney remixer Pogo’s latest trippy video mashup, “The Trouble”:
Photo: Neil Gaiman/Facebook