So we’re good with the Police Box doughnut, and Lime Lord makes a certain kind of sense, although we agree with The Mary Sue that it’s a terrible pun. But what makes the Weeping Angel doughnut a Weeping Angel doughnut? If you blink, does it inch closer to your mouth? If so, we’ll just sit here with our eyes shut until one leaps into our waiting maws… And if you would like a Doctor Who doughnut in your maw, travel to The Donut Whole in Wichita!
Morning Roundup comes to you, fresh from dreams of donuts and time travel, and offers you links. Ben Affleck talks about Batman’s anger! Patrick Rothfuss says enough with the dragons already! And Ursula K. Le Guin puts a bird on it!
- Ben Affleck promises a lot of rage in his portrayal of Batman. Not, like, Wolverine amounts of rage. But still, a lot.
- There’s not much to say about the Kent-State-sweatshirt-outrage-generator, but if you read this interview with DEVO’s Jerry Casale you’ll learn how that horror led to the formation of one of the greatest bands in history.
- Patrick Rothfuss thinks fantasy should take a new direction!
- Five adult readers talk about growing up on Harry Potter, Twilight, and 50 Shades of Grey.
- Rainbow Rowell talks about her former life as a reporter!
- And Ursula Le Guin talks about her life as a Portland resident!
- More proof that the 90s were a weird time.
- And now, Conan O’Brien performs the song that has haunted him for 21 years. It’s about the efficacy of monorails. You may have heard if before…