Last weekend, two members of the Tor.com extended family combined, Voltron style, to become Kemelsey Basher-Parrot. (At least, we think that’s how marriage works…) So we thought the best way to kick off a holiday weekend was by sharing their EPIC CAKE. Please note that the topper of said cake homages the EARTH 3490 Universe, in which Tony Stark was born female (and for some reason named Natasha Stark? What’s wrong with Antonia?) and Stark’s marriage to Steve Rogers averted the Civil War.
Morning Roundup gives you a definitive ranking of Firefly episodes that we’re sure everyone will agree with 100%! Plus a look at the history of Star Wars edits, and Ridley Scott’s answer to people quite reasonable questions about Exodus.
- Well this should generate nothing but agreement and consensus…
- Ridley Scott kinda sorta responds to the controversy around Exodus. Kinda. Sorta.
- We can safely assume that all of you reading this are Star Wars fans. We can even pretty safely assume that you have…different versions of the original film. And we’re sure they’re all perfectly legal! But, just in case, here’s this Atlantic article.
- The AV Club asks: which games have left some lasting mental scars?
- Mary Beard is a respected Classicist at the University of Cambridge. But she’s also a woman, so she spends much of her time fighting internet trolls.
- THIS PANDA IS OUR NEW LIFE COACH.
- Vanity Fair has discovered that film novelizations didn’t wink out of existence in the ’90s!
- Ales Kot talks about occultism, possession, and Bucky Barnes!
- And finally, the most important scientific expedition ever made: