Tumblr-er RedGrieve provided us with a glimpse into Bane’s early years. Before he dedicated himself to terrorizing Batman, reducing Gotham to ashes, and giving people permission to die he liked to spend some “Bane” time, lying around in his pretty pink room, daydreaming about how many people would care once he put on the mask, and writing Talia’s name in his notebooks over and over. The “i” in Talia’s name is dotted with a heart.
Morning Roundup gives you permission to read the news! We have updates on Star Trek 3, Doctor Strange, and Ant-Man, plus a glimpse of Chris Pratt’s alternate life as a surfer.
- We have a Star Trek 3 script!
- Hmmm…Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man production has kicked off with a Steve Martin quote. This bodes…well?
- Nicki Minaj, MST3K enthusiast.
- Ewwww, my clothes smell like spaaaace!
- Here’s another graphic novel reading list!
- So we still don’t know who Doctor Strange is, but at least we know we’re not getting his origin story.
- Chris Pratt had the college experience all of us wish we had had.
- If our math is correct, the year 1994 happened 20 years ago this year! The AV Club provides some pop culture windows into a magical time when Macauley Culkin was one of our biggest stars, and Adult Swim was just a gleam in Space Ghost’s eye.
- Yeah, well, whatever, Atlantic. Maybe some of us like reading about people making spaghetti while they listen to jazz and nothing happens.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson and Felicia Day sing the praises of the Curiosity Rover!