Did you ever want Jurassic Park to be an R.L. Stine book? (Actually…it is kind of an R.L. Stine book. Two kids go to a spooky new place and have a wacky, parental-guidance-free adventure? Classic R.L. Stine.) Anyway, this
Goosebumps cover unused movie poster by John Alvin features an ominous T-Rex cloud, plus a particularly creepy Jeff Goldblum in the corner! You can just see him making a butterfly flap its wings with his mind. Everyone else in this poster is losing their shit, but not Goldblum. Goldblum is always cool. The AV Club has collected more great Jurassic Art poster art by the legendary Alvin, so check out the rest!
Morning Roundup brings you clever links! We have a few tributes to Robin Williams, a wonderful call for more diversity in SFF, and a weird fiction reading list!
- This post isn’t going to be all Robin Williams remembrances, but we will give you a few: here’s The New Yorker, on why Mr. Williams was “the best weirdo,” and here’s a roundup of some of his best stand-up routines and interviews. And finally, here’s a link to Marc Maron’s extraordinary interview with Mr. Williams on his WTF podcast.
- “I’m a fucking Star Trek writer.” Thank you, David Mack.
- Here’s how you build a Drax!
- Maybe GRRM will put more gay sex in ASOIAF, and maybe he won’t. It’s his choice. Westeros is not a democracy, people!
- How many superhero movies is too many superhero movies? What the hell kind of world do we live in, that we can ask that question?
- Groot + Tinder: A Love Story for the Ages.
- Are you caught up on your weird fiction? Do you need a few suggestions?
- Melding the many faces of Doctor Who’s Doctors! Another way to make math fun.