Tor.com contributor Thom Dunn shared this map of how to die in each state! We like the Florida is its own cause of death, and we definitely second Hastur as the biggest danger in Louisiana. But are vampires really that bad in Alaska?
Morning Roundup has some more prep for those of you going to Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, or, as we like to call you: EVERYONE. (End Gary Oldman voice.) We also have worldbuilding advice, and a Facehugger!
- Here are ten comics to read before you see Guardians of the Galaxy! And, well, we didn’t watch it, but this might be the GotG stinger…
- So Snowpiercer, the movie the Weinsteins wanted to butcher, has made them a ton of money.
- How did Gary Gygax lose control of Dungeons and Dragons?
- Smiler’s Fair author Rebecca Levene talks about world-building!
- 13 great sci-fi comedies!
- Chris Pratt could talk about anything and we’d listen, but when he talks about DINOSAURS we wish he’d never stop.
- Adam Savage out-did himself for comic-Con this year, walking the floor in an Alien spacesuit, complete with Facehugger.