Is Cookie Monster our new Jesus? Will other Muppets begin appearing randomly in peoples’ foodstuffs? Cause if so we can totally work with that. If we happen to see a water-stained wall, and the stain forms itself into an image of Piggy? That’d be great. If we tear open a bag of potato chips, and find ourselves staring into the loving face of Grover? Best day ever. Children venture into a cave, only to find a vision of Kermit predicting the future? This is a world we’ll be happy to inhabit.
Morning Roundup has Star Wars news! And thoughts on Hercules’ writer, Spider-Man’s amazing future, and Kamala Khan’s cultural compromises!
- We have another new Star Wars cast member!
- Here, it’s Monday, and you want to read a serious and nuanced reflection on Kamala Khan and Ms. Marvel!
- Alan Moore has some opinions on Steve Moore and the upcoming Hercules movie. You can imagine how that goes.
- Alex Kurtzman talks about the future of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise, including the possible future of his Venom movie!
- OK, so the Goosebumps movie is apparently not only a simulacrum of a Goosebumps book, but R.L. Stine is a character in it?
- Why is Weird Al explaining the inner working of the internet and, um, the free market to Stuart Varney, who hosts a show on Fox Business channel? Shouldn’t he already know this stuff?