It’s just restin’! British TV channel Gold is honoring Monty Python’s farewell show with a giant deceased parrot. Lead sculptor Iain Prendergast talked about his process, saying “The key challenge for us was capturing the comedy value of the dead parrot, keeping the realism of the bird whilst also adding touches like the bloodshot, stunned eyes“ which is, um, terrifying? But also great. Check out more shots of beautiful plumage over at Buzzfeed. Having said all of this, and with all deserved love for dead parrots, the Third Parachute Brigade Amateur Dramatic Society’s rendition of ”The Oscar Wilde Skit” wins everything.
Morning Roundup is decidedly not resting. We have links and news and stuff! Fantastic Four might diverge wildly from all known comic history! Lucy continues to get science wrong! And Rainbow Brite returns for some reason!
- The Fantastic Four movie might not have much to do with the comics…
- In celebration of Weird Al’s latest album release, Grantland offers this exhaustive career retrospective.
- What other lies is Lucy telling us? Why Lucy, whyyy? Why won’t you allow us to trust you?!!
- SyFy’s 12 Monkeys will burst forth from a completely different barrel than Gilliam’s film.
- We hope the Rainbow Brite reboot returns the story to its gritty origins.
- Where in the Seven Kingdoms is Osha?
- Finally, this mashup of Blade Runner and Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid is the greatest noir in history. Suck it, Out of the Past.