In all of our Harry Potter/The Hunger Games crossover dreams, we never thought that seeing Katniss Everdeen and Hermione Granger together in the flesh would be so fun.
Or, if you’re being literal, Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson acting chummy at the Christian Dior show during Paris Fashion Week. But we like our version better.
Katniss would facepalm Hermione—she’s used to making nice for the Capitol cameras, then pissing them off with an outburst or mini-act of rebellion. And after all her time with the Weasleys, Hermione is pretty patient when it comes to pranks like this:
We like to imagine that these two are thinking up all sorts of daring adventures and debating important things like:
- What Katniss’ wand would be made of—mahogany and muttation hair, obviously.
- Their Movie Girlfriends and why they always have to save them.
- Like, seriously, why would Peeta be standing with President Snow? (Before the explanation in Mockingjay, that is. DON’T READ AHEAD, KATNISS.)
- If it’s more effective to get around on broomsticks or hovercrafts.
- How Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley are totally their new OTP after reading the new Potterverse short story.
- The fashion wonders Cinna could’ve done with wizard robes if he’d just had the chance. (sniffle)
- Katniss teaching Hermione the mockingjay whistle.
- If Voldemort had President Snow’s fashion sense.
- Trolling Tumblr and Reddit and our hearts what come on.
- “Your arrows—my Patronus—bring it!”
- A Crookshanks/Buttercup playdate
BFFUNRDLA—that’s Best Friends Forever Until the Next Reaping or Dark Lord Attack.
[via Vanity Fair]