While our own stormtrooper desk toys have not yet begun actively campaigning for us to join the dark side, it’s really only a matter of time. Just the other day, Emily’s weird Darth Vader transformer toy got into a really heated discussion as to whether The Force constitutes a religion. And Chris has been trying to get his Ric Olie action figure to stop drinking for months now.
Your Morning Roundup is reading weird stories from Belgium and thinking of the thousands of possibilities inherent in Hocus Pocus 2: The Pocusing.
- If anyone tells you they’re finally leaving New York City, this is actually the reason why.
- HBO keeps optioning genre books and comics and they keep not happening.
- Goshdarnit XKCD this map of all the solar systems maps combined is great, just like most of what you do.
- New blog Diseased Gardens is translating weird fiction from Belgium and France into English for free.
- Tina Fey is going to produce Hocus Pocus 2 to answer all the lingering questions left behind by Hocus Pocus 1 such as “What the hell was that movie even about it’s been so long since I saw it?” and “There was an immortal cat boy, wasn’t there?”
- Planning for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 has begun. In a word…RUN.
- Did the New York Times snub Nnedi Okorafor as a rising African writer because she writes genre fiction?
- A LOT of DC universe references were stripped out of the pilot for the upcoming Flash TV show. You can see them all here. (Spoilers!)
- Dragon Age: Inquisition will feature an exclusively gay character.
- LEGO is going to start a LEGO rental system, like Netflix. But for LEGOs.