For their upcoming 20th anniversary issue, Empire Magazine has created a bunch of new photos of stars revisiting their iconic movie roles. Our favorite is this one of Sam Neill leading a shadowy T-rex away from the kids, 21 years after Jurassic Park first stomped into our hearts and told us that we had Dodgson here. (Spoiler alert: Nobody cared.)
Your Morning Roundup is staying overnight at Luke Skywalker’s house and found a cave full of trampolines!
- Seth MacFarlane is matching donations to the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, will personally donate up to one million dollars, is kind of interestingly curating a generation of kids who may not like his other output?
- Andrew Wheeler at Comics Alliance has written a series of articles titled “Mutant and Proud” about the parallels between the ostracization of LGBTers in real life and of mutants in fiction.
- One of the (familiar) villains in the Doctor Who season 8 finale has been revealed. Immediate spoilers at the link.
- Enjoy this first clip from Sharknado 2. Well, “enjoy” might be too strong a word.
- In which “Why doesn’t Yondu have a fin?” becomes the question of our age.
- The Tatooine homestead of Luke, Uncle Owen, and Aunt Beru is now a hotel and it only costs $20 a night to stay there. (Probably on account of…what happens after.)
- CAVE FULL OF TRAMPOLINES.