Avengers: Age of Ultron star Mark Ruffalo took to Reddit’s r/IAmA subreddit yesterday with the call “Reddit, ready for Ruffalo?” (yes, we were). For a few lovely hours, he talked all things Hulk with us, shared photos of his bunny, and compared his real-life friendship with Robert Downey Jr. to Science Bros.
Our favorite answer was who Ruffalo thought should play Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk, Bruce Banner’s cousin who probably isn’t always angry but certainly gets pissed off from time to time:
I think Zoe Saldana would be a great She-Hulk. It’d be nice to see someone like her join the Avengers. Or someone quiet and demure like Emma Stone would be nice. But it would be up to the powers that be.
We wonder if he nominated Saldana since she’s currently rocking the green look as Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy? But then Ruffalo suggested Emma Stone—who certainly has some time on her hands to play another Marvel character—and we dig that even more, although where Ruffalo got the impression that Stone is quiet and demure, or that lawyers are quiet and demure, we dunno.
If that photo above (from Ruffalo’s Instagram) didn’t melt your heart enough, check out what he had to say when asked if his real-life bromance with Robert Downey Jr. is as good as their on-screen dynamic:
Better. We have a really good friendship. We’ve known each other since before Zodiac. And he’s kind of like an older brother that I wish I had. He sort of looks out for me, and I remember when the role came up in the movie, I reached out to him, I was nervous about it, I said, “I don’t know if I can do this” and he said, “It’s alright buddy, I gotcha.”
Other fun things we learned about Ruff (he said we could call him that):
- He’ll play the Hulk “as long as they’ll have me”—though his personal stopping point seems to be his 50s, or about three movies from now.
- He’s “a secret introvert posing as an extrovert” (awww).
- His favorite thing about shooting in England is TEA!!!!!!!!—that’s exactly how he wrote it. Now we’re envisioning HULK TEA TIME.
- Having first worked with Andy Serkis on the rom-com 13 Going on 30, they’ve bonded over playing iconic CGI creatures: “He’s the brother pioneer in motion capture.”
- His favorite Avenger is Black Widow because “she’s just so cool” and “she has to rely on her wits and her own attributes” in a fight.
- His pet rabbit is named Blackjack and it looks so snuggly.
- His favorite Pokemon is Squirtle. SQUIRTLE.
All we want now is for the entire Avengers cast to do a group AMA, despite the fact that it would probably break Tumblr.
Photo: Instagram/Mark Ruffalo